About Me

My photo
Recently published my latest ebook. And now set up my facebook page under Stan De Mann.

Friday 18 November 2011

The First Time I Laid Eyes On Her

   It wasn't before long that I'd bought a passport and plane tickets to travel to the U.S. to meet this lady that had caught my heart in such a short amount of time. I just hoped, she felt the same way about me. We had to wait five months before I could visit but we talked every day online. Sometimes from three in the afternoon till six the next day. I'd even introduced her to my family and Michelle hit it off with my Mom straight away. I couldn't believe it, all the others couldn't stand her. Saying that she was to bossy or to much of a snob.

Thankfully I managed to save some money for when I finally got to go and see Michelle. She was so nervous about me travelling on the plane. With the terrorist threats and just flying in general. I was okay about it because I'd flown before. Admittedly not at that long a distance but it was still flying  and I wasn't fazed by it at all. I had to make a change of flight a Charlotte and then on to my next destination. The whole journey took thirteen hours. I was expecting to be so tired when I got off. But I think the excitement of being able to finally meet the lady who has shared so many things with me, had taken over. Before I'd even got on to the plane my Mom made sure I was dressed in an appropriate manor. Shirt, tie and suit Wendy and I had joked about what I should wear, for when I was on my way over and not wearing a suit was one of them. Parents hey, what are they like. What my Mom didn't realize was there was four foot of snow waiting for me at the end of the journey.



 As I walked through the exit doors I recognised Michelle pretty much straight away. Not only that she rushed up and threw her arms around me. I can't say much because I was so pleased to finally be with her. We squeezed each other so tight. It took nearly ten minutes for us to release each other not that I'm complaining because we were able to kiss each other for the fist time. How much I'd fallen for this beautiful lady, her auburn hair and beautiful smile it just melted my heart.  
As we waded through the winter snow to Michelle's car we did nothing but hold hands and talk about the journey and how long we had waited for this moment. Michelle said that at one moment she thought that she'd recognized me on an earlier flight and ran up to some complete stranger asking if he was John. Fortunately the gentleman wasn't named John at all or I'd have been waiting at the airport for quite a while. 
It was funny as we drive to Michelle's it was as if we'd known each other since we were teenagers. Laughing and joking about how she went to the wrong person when we'd talked and seen each other over webcam for months.
   







Copyright © 2011 John Bevan 

No comments:

Post a Comment