About Me

My photo
Recently published my latest ebook. And now set up my facebook page under Stan De Mann.

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Creatures of The Night

It was past midnight,
and the stars lit up the skies,
Something just didn't seem right,
as we walked through the woods,
you by my side,

The creatures would scurry,
through the bushes and leaves,
A haunting song,
whispered through the trees,

"Quick, Hurry!"
Why?
There's no need to worry,
It's just the creatures of the night,
don't you know,
didn't you see,
The owl that's calling from it's tree,

In the distant darkness,
she hears screams of a child,
or at least,
at first,
it appeared to be,
But she didn't know,
about the animal,
being hunted in the wild,
trying to protect it's family,

Noises of a different kind,
came from beyond the trees,
At first sounds like thunder,
but couldn't be,
Not a cloud in the sky,
and the full moon was up high,
Yet we couldn't see,
through the darkness,
of the night and the trees,

The noise was getting closer,
and we began to run,
another noise came with it,
A lot more menacing,
and not much fun,
Past the trees and bushes,
we ran,
through the fields of wheat,

Thinking of places to hide,
but they were hot on our tracks,
Maybe if we're lucky,
we can double back,
I don't know,
to tired to run,
ran out of breath,

to tired to think,
being pushed to the limits,
right to the brink,
They're moving in,
and we face death,
The devil's dogs,
tear at my flesh,
Still alive as I feel each,
Bite,
Pull,
Tear,
As I breathe my last breath,
I turn to see you still there.






Copyright © 2011 John Bevan 

No comments:

Post a Comment