About Me

My photo
Recently published my latest ebook. And now set up my facebook page under Stan De Mann.

Sunday 1 May 2016

The Mockingbird

 Love is no where to be seen,
As we fall in to a dream,
There's a ghost who is sitting there,
Swear, he's been there before,
Hear the mockingbird sing,
Retracing the places he's been, 

Before the moon rise's again,
Darkness grows within his core,
Life's beaten him ten times or more,
His scars they can't be seen,
Is he there or nowhere,
Maybe he's a dream,
But ain't that just like me,

I don't believe in heaven,
And there's nothing down below,
Only darkness is left for me now,
Watch out here I go,

I feel I'm a stranger,
In a room full of people I know,
Is there a sure way,
To be completely free,
Just like that mockingbird,
Wish that could be me,

Live a life full of danger,
Walking down a street,
A world full of strangers,
No one now's me now,
Is this what life is,
Can someone tell me so,

Heading to a place,
Where my life will be free,
Years go by so quickly,
No longer recognise,
The stranger looking at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment