About Me

My photo
Recently published my latest ebook. And now set up my facebook page under Stan De Mann.

Friday 26 April 2013

Damage


It's 10 in the morning,

when you called,
The girl in bed,
Picked the call up,
I know,
I could have lied,
but the damage was done,

When I look back,
at the heartache I'd caused,
I wished I'd said no,
to the temptation,
And the pain,
I put you through,

The girl that I cheated with,
she wasn't worth it,
A one night stand,
someone you knew,
She led me by the hand,
to the bedroom,
I should have turned around,
but lust took control,

It's a decision I ain't proud of,
If I could turn the clock back,
I would have,
The heartache I caused,
I ain't proud of,

I know I broke your heart,
I should have known from the start,
The temptation & lust,
I could not resist,
I should have known,
it would destroy us,

Now those tables have turned,
my fingers are burned,
I know how you felt,
To be hurt,
Crushed,
I never thought,
I would do this to us,

If I could turn back the clock,
I would in a heartbeat,
Repair the damage I caused,
I'd kneel at your feet,
That one night of lust,
Turned love in to dust.



Copyright © 2013 John Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment