About Me

My photo
Recently published my latest ebook. And now set up my facebook page under Stan De Mann.

Thursday 2 May 2013

The Day Poetry Died (Educated Arrogance)




Fallen by the masters,
Dissected by the Educated arrogance,
Poetry was Destroyed,
Desecrated at a glance,

The dreams in ones mind,
written down line by line,
For people to relate,
Believe,
See,

The well read,
Readers,
Educated arrogance,
Writing what we believe and feel,
within the minds sight,
The Pain,
Anger,
Rage,
Visions,
All seems real,

To create new worlds,
And make their own decisions,
A means,
A way to heal,
The Rhyme,
Beat,
Pace,
Something you can feel,

The Etiquette and Grace,
What's being said,
means more,
Like a slap across the face,
It hits you,
What is said,
Means more to me,
than the form,

I don't care,
Whether you understand it or not,
It's how It feels,
That makes it real,
Not if it's similar to before,
This is my vision,
I write down the things that I see,
Hear,
Listen,

These are my Visions,
How I feel,
How you read this,
is up to you,
We all have our methods,
points of view,
How you dissect,
with an incision,
Scalpel in hand like I'm sick,
Well I am sick,
Sick of the Educated arrogance,

You need to think deeper,
Not just at a glance,
There's more to this message,
Given the chance,
Thinking they know more than you,
They haven't a clue,

A way to release,
To be free,
This was the day poetry died,
for you and me,
When Educated arrogance,
was set free. 

Copyright © 2013 John Bevan

No comments:

Post a Comment